San Francisco Bay, California 3-D Nautical Wood Chart, Small, 16"x20"
The beauty found in San Francisco is more than meets the eye. Its stunning hardscapes are only rivaled by the depths of its resilience. In 1906, the booming city of San Francisco was partially destroyed by an earthquake and fire. The first of its kind to be captured in photos, this event stretched into four days of fire, destroying the city as well as many Victorian homes that had been built to reflect the wealth and sophistication of the city.
The benefits of being built on a bay came in very handy for the city after the fire. Many who had come to the Gold Rush by boat had abandoned their vessels in San Francisco Bay. Builders availed themselves of the extra materials, dismantling boats and repurposing the wood to rebuild businesses, banks, and homes. The boat owners’ loss became the historic gain of a resilient city that would go to creative lengths to rebuild!
- Examine the details of San Francisco, California on a 3D wood map and marvel at the bathymetry of the bay. Each point of interest is etched into the high-quality birch, providing a special perspective of the depths and shallows of San Francisco Bay. The nautical wood map is finished in a custom, solid wood frame, protected by acrylic glass, and arrives ready to hang.
Celebrate the resilience of this prominent city and bring home a San Francisco, California wood chart.
Points of Interest on the San Francisco, California 3D Wood Map:
San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Vallejo, San Rafael, Sausalito, Alameda, Golden Gate Park, Alcatraz, Bridge Bay, Redwood City, and Palo Alto
San Francisco, California, Nautical Wood Map Details:
- Crafted with high-quality Birch
- Custom Wood Frame
- Details of Depth are Laser-cut
- Names and Locations Engraved
- Protected with Acrylic Glass
- Arrives Ready to Hang
- Classic, Dark Brown Frame, Greenish-Blue Water Color
- Rustic Grey Frame, Greyish-Blue Water Color